Have an account?

Monday, August 07, 2006

Caribana Weekend & Detroit

Hullo . . .
So a couple things . . . Its caribana weekend and we went to Reema's b-day thing on saturday. Which was fun minus the super tiredness that came over me half way through the night. I think that was mainly because of Asmi and her tiredness. You know ... somehow that shit is contagious. lol. Anyway so that was fun. We went to Joe (some night club) and it heres my theory and its probably 100% correct. All the colored population of toronto was outdoors on the streets or in 'Afterlife' ... colored meaning black people, west indian people, brown people ... and all others. But the white people and the oriental people for some reason felt that they needed to go out and "party" but they were not gutsy enough to take part in the caribana crowd becuase "its dangerous". So they decided to stay "indoors". Yeah ... no freakin comment.

Anyway I think its fun. The crowd is a little out there and theres significantly more people on the streets than usual but its fun. Why people think they are ganna get shot and raped is beyond me. Ok ... given theres alot more violence that one weekend but come on people. If your meant to get shot ... I'm sorry ... I'm a firm believer that you will get shot even if your sitting in your bed. Its just going to happen. But thats just me. I donno ... maybe I just dont care to waste my life hiding from shit. Meh ... personal preference I guess. No worries. lol. Its just funny how people are so scared. I think its mostly racism but whatever lol. Its all good. Its funny thats all.

Anyway I had plans this weekend ... all weekend actually but that all sorta worked out and didnt in a very strange way. Friday I was supposed to go .... well long time ago had a plan to ... but never ended up going to some wedding with Iqbal. But ended up not going and staying home. Then Saturday as I've already told you was Reema's birthday thing. Which you already know about. And Sunday I was actually supposed to be at Center Island with Iqbal for someones birthday but one of our family friends from Saudi ... an uncle and his son Bobby who we used to be really good friends with looooong time ago are in town and wanted to meet up with us. So ... I am in Detroit chilling with them as we speak. It fun. We are downtown. Mansoor has officially freaked the shit out of the rest of these guys. He keeps saying how Detroit is dangerous and what not ... um ... like I said before ... if something were to happen to you ... its ganna happen regardless of where you are so suck it up and have some fun people come on!!! Anyway so yeah ... its fun so far. I think we are supposed to leave tomorrow morning but I donno what the deal with that is.

Its already like 1:30 and I am for some strange reason super dizzy. Which is never a good thing cuz that just means I'm getting dehydrated. No good. So yeah ... My eyes are starting to close ... no ... are closed. But since I dont look at the keyboard anyway I dont really need my eyes to type. lol If you know what I mean. But yeah point is ... I am tired and since thats all that has happened so far ... theres really not much else to tell you people. I will ... I guess continue the rest of this when I get back home.

Talk to you people later * muah *

0 comments: