Have an account?

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beauty/Lifestyle Box Subscriptions

Beauty Subscription Boxes are my weakness.  I have a subscription to a couple but I keep wanting to get more.   What I love about them is that you don`t ever have to go out and buy full sized products just to try them out.  The boxes you get delivered to your door contain all the products you will ever need to figure out what kind of products suit your skin type the best and which ones you love.  Once you figure that out you can go and buy the very expensive full sized products.  Its such a convenience especially since I have a 3 month old baby and I have absolutely no free time between work, my husband and her.  

The boxes I have tried so far are Luxe Box from Loose Button and Glossy Box.  Both deliver to Canada which is the reason I subscribed to them since I do live in Canada.  Most box subscription companies do not deliver to Canada yet which is a real bummer but it is starting to change slowly.  

Luxe Box was great in the beginning.  It was a monthly subscription so you received a box every month at a very affordable price of $10 a month.  They started off with very little variety but expanded very fast.  But with the expansion they started to charge more and eventually changed their plan to 1 box every 3 months.  With the monthly boxes they gave you 5 products and with the 3 month they changed it to 8 products.  I did not think that was a good deal at all since the price went up but the product numbers went down by a lot!  It is a good subscription because you get a lot of different products but I don't think it is worth it which is why I decided to cancel.

After that I decided I will subscribe to the Glossy box as a trial for 3 months.  I received my three boxes and they had a few products that I found myself buying again once I was finished with the `samples`.  However I did not renew my subscription as yet because I needed to take a break and try out the piles of products I had sitting around from all my other boxes.  

While I was taking my time to go through all the different products I had lined up I came across Lifestyle box subscriptions and realized that those boxes give you a lot more value for your money.  The subscription that attracted me the most was the Pop Sugar Must Have box.  Unfortunately they do not deliver to Canada so I cannot subscribe to it.  I wish there was a way to get around that but till I find a way I guess I will have to wait.  This box is a little on the pricey side but you get full sized products.   Your box contains food items, household items, fitness items ... a mix of everything lifestyle related.  I think it is a lot more practical to subscribe to a box like that because it gives you such a wide range of products that you will probably never get a duplicate product or something similar.  And You will have full sized products which I feel is a better way to go.  You can get samples for free from anywhere.  Thats why they are called samples.  Why pay for something you can pretty much get for free.

I also have a list of baby subscription boxes on my other blog called Life: Unexpected As Expected.  Check it out if you want to take a look at those.

So my research has begun.  I need to find a good lifestyle box that delivers to Canada.  And if not then a way to get the box to me somehow.  Lets see!

Wish me luck lol
C ya!

0 comments: