** Song of the Day: Guster - Happier **
Around this time of year I always think ... You know... winter isnt so bad. Its nice in winter and theres nothing wrong with being cold for a little bit. And I believe it too but then a day like today comes along and all those thoughts go in the garbage lol. I am not a winter person. Its not that I don't like winter ... its just that I cant stand the cold. And there are many reasons for that. No one has really ever understood me when I try explaining to them what my reasons are for not liking winter so the only way for me to do this is to tell you what I like about winter and what I don't like about winter. Let me explain:
What I Like About Winter
Snow is gorgeous. I love it when the sky lights up at night and everything is pink. Its the most beautiful thing in the world.
When the snow falls ... Its the most romantic time ever!
I love going down a hill on a toboggan really really fast hoping not to hit the gigantoid bump that will make you fly across the park.
I love lighting the fireplace. Its peaceful. And I love the sound of the crackling wood
I love grabbing some hot tea and getting into a blanket on my couch.
Winter clothes are awesome! Well actually Fall clothes are awesome. I think I just usually wear fall clothing all winter. lol. Scarfs, boots ... all that good stuff.
What I Dislike About Winter
I hate being cold
I hate the wind
I cant handle wind touching my neck.
I don't like being wet... ever. (unless its a water fight in the summer)
I do not like wearing clunky boots ... it makes you look like a man. and I'm not a man lol
I hate not being able to wear any shoes I want. I always have to wear closed toe shoes. I cant wear no socks. It sux! It limits your options.
I hate shoveling the snow
I hate waking up in the morning and going outside just to find that your car and your whole driveway is drowned and you have to shovel yourself out of your house just to get to work.
I hate smelling like outside (sweat, wet clothes, etc)
I hate my hair getting frizzy cuz of the wetness
I hate wind blowing my hair all over the place and making me look like a monkey
I hate dressing up and looking all nice only to put on a jacket that creases your clothes
I hate people throwing snow in my face ... it takes effort to put on makeup and all that effort and then the snow... uh!
I hate frozen fingers and toes and ears and nose
I hate not being able to feel my chin move
I hate not being able to use my iPhone whenever I want when I'm outdoors
I hate not being able to go outside for a walk
I hate not being able to smile when im outside because my teeth freeze
I hate having glove lint stuck on my rings
I hate not being able to wear nailpolish in a rush on my way out because i have to wear gloves
I hate people bringing salt and snow into the house because I end up having to clean it up 20 million times.
So you see, as much as I like how winter looks ... I'm just not meant to be friends with it. And I don't think I will ever like winter. People have tried and tried and I just do not like it. Oh I hope this winter is not bad! Please please please don't be a bad winter! =(
xoxo
Sarah
Sarah






0 comments:
Post a Comment