Have an account?

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Relax...

** Song of the Day: Jason Mraz - The Remedy **

So I have not blogged in a long time. My schedule just keeps getting fuller and fuller by the day and the more I try to make 'nothing time' for myself... the more I don't get it. Which brings me to that one thing I say to other people all the time ... "The more you say you don't have something the less of it you will have". I think right now might be the right time to take my own advice in this situation so I will. And honestly ... no matter how busy you think you are ... if you ever sit down and look back and it and think about it ... you will always find that you were never as busy as it seemed. But no one ever wants to or "has the time" to do that and never ever find out. Its just a big circle isn't it. Tragic. I have realized that one way to get out of this whole "I am to busy to even breath" perception that everyone has of their lives is to start taking interest in something you enjoy doing. I mean... I can't speak for anyone else but that is the one thing that brings me back down to reality. The reality of only being as busy as you think. Between Work, family, in-laws, friends, birthday parties, appointments, normal routine chores and trying to balance everything out so no one has any complaints ... its very easy to lose yourself and your hobbies and passions. Its very easy to start saying, thinking and believing that these things have no place in your top priority list. BUT little does everyone know ... these hobbies and passions are what keeps you on ground and on your feet .... in other words.... keeps you happy. Don't get me wrong ... I love my hectic schedule. It is the one thing that keeps me motivated ... to do anything... everything. And as a part of this hectic schedule I have added in the things that I want to do. Like my photography. For the first year after I got married, I had gotten so "busy" that I thought it best to put some things to the side like my obsession for photography. But I got off my ass and bought a DSLR and got back into it. Little did I know, Iqbal (my husband) was also into photography but never had the incentive to take it up. But now, I or maybe even the both of us together have a reason and the motivation and the passion to take it and make something of it. Something we just do for fun.

OH so since I am already on topic, I may as well tell you that I have set up a website where I post some of my work. Pictures I feel I should share that I have taken so check it out.
This is still a work in progress and the site may change but I will keep you posted on that if and when it does happen.

Oh also speaking of pictures ... On my way to work over the past couple days I saw some funny things that I had taken pictures of and need to share. Take a look.



Left - It speaks for itself. Why?!!
Right - This lady stands there for a good couple minutes before opening up her window to get to the ATM. Then when she does she is clearly waaayyy too far to get her card in so shes bouncing and jumping to get to the thing and FINALLY opens her door and still has to reach like a mad woman to get her card in. I was irritated. lol. What people need to understand is ... one .... its a drive through! Be prepared and hurry up! .... two .... its a drive through! Park closer to the freakin ATM. If you have to open your car door... you might as well walk the 5 steps to the ATM inside the bank!.

I will definitely try to blog more often.
Sorry about that rant by the way... I had to get that out of my system. But hopefully you know what I am talking about.
C ya! =)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello, Just bloghopping. Great blog!

Be Well :)

Sixth said...

Yeah, I never understood why pickup trucks needs testicles. They're pretty manly on their own.

On the other hand, I would totally understand why someone in a super sissy car like a Celica or a Civic would need em.