Have an account?

Friday, April 23, 2010

Beautiful People

** Song of the Day: Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison **

I received a free Elle magazine in the main yesterday. It made me really excited since I LOVE reading them. But! ... Usually when any of my subscription magazines get to me, I have about 10 minutes with them before I have to get back to real life. And mostly that includes ripping the plastic off and checking out the cover and the two hundred ads before the table of contents (which I also enjoy). It sometimes make me think and wonder why I even bother subscribing to them, however when I finally get the time to go through the magazine and come across something interesting, something like what I am about to tell you ... It all just falls into place.

Finally at 11 pm I get a moment to curl up on the sofa and turn on the T.V which of course gets hijacked by my husband for hockey. But I didn't mind too much when I saw my magazine still sitting there waiting for me on the coffee table so I ignored the T.V and started to read. I came across this article that mentioned this website called BeautifulPeople.com. In the article the author was talking about his experience es with the website and it made me slightly curious. To be honest I didn't believe that a website of that kind could be like that ... a dating website. Yes ... it is a dating site and yes I am also aware I am married but my curiosity needed to be put to ease. And when you usually register for these sites the process is pretty simple, you enter your name and information, your interests and your good to go. Right? Well not this one ...

After reading pretty much 90% of this article I looked up at my husband and read some of it out to him. He didn't seem like he believed it or really cared much since it didn't get much of a response (but that may just have been the Hockey). Yes he picked up his laptop and went to the website and we looked around but it didn't go much further than that. That was clearly not enough for me and decided that I most definetly will need to look into this and off to bed I went. But the fact that I fell asleep thinking about it and woke up with the same thing on my mind was proof that my mind will not rest till i test it out for myself.

I get to work , sit down, settle in and the first thing I do is open up my browser and type in www.beautifulpeople.com. Up comes the website so maneuver around all the links to find out more information on it with not much luck. So I click on Register and enter in all my information.



Shortly after I activate my membership I get an e mail that reads:

Your BeautifulPeople profile has been successfully activated.
During the next 48 hours your profile will be rated by the existing members of the opposite sex. if majority finds your profile attractive, you will be granted coveted membership.

What?! In order to be registered onto this site OTHER people have to rate ME as beautiful or not?? Hmm ... I thought no problem, 48 hours and I'll be in. I have always thought of myself as pretty good looking and have also gotten that same kind of response from others as well so I figured this would be no problem. But now my curiosity had switched gears slightly. Its human nature to at times think about how others percieve you even if it is not something that comes to mind on a regular basis. So now I wait ...

48 Hours Later:
Sitting at work and up pops an email notification on my desktop from BeautifulPeople.com. Instant excitement! I open the email and here is what the email reads:

Unfortunately, your application to BeautifulPeople Network was not sucessful. the members of BeautifulPeople did not find your profile attractive enough.

What?! So there we have it ... a dating website really can be discriminating. Against what... that I dont really know because I am clearly gorgeous. But at least now I know what that guy was talking about. But truly one of those things I had to experience for myself.

5 comments:

asmi said...

HAHAHAHAHHA................HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA...

*BREEEEEATHE*

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

SophiaQ said...

Oh my God, that's so uncool....I can't believe it. Hahaha.

Waleed said...

Well people are mean

Sam said...

hahhahahhahahha Thats the most ridiculous thing ive EVER heard!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Q. said...

lol oh I know rite?! I'm a little offended... not really but I should be lol