Have an account?

Monday, December 05, 2011

Zooming In: Meloncholia

 ** Song of the Day:  Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch **


A movie about two sisters from a disfunctional family living a disfunctional life dealing with depression and death.  Believe it or not... this is a sci-fi movie ...

There are times when I go to a movie and painfully sit through it only to realize it was actually amazing.  Meloncholia was one of those movies.  Sitting through the movie was slightly boring but I never felt like I wanted to be anywhere else. At the end of it all, things didn't make sense but it always kept my attention.  I walked out of this movie not knowing how exactly I felt about it and the more I talked about it the more I realized that it did not make sense to me that night.  However ... I have not yet been able to stop thinking about it.  And the more I think about it the more I realize how amazing that movie really was.  And for that exact reason I think the movie accomplished what it set out to do.  It was amazing... It just takes a little time for you to soak it in a bit before you realize it.  Definietly a must watch =)

Sarah

0 comments: