** Song of the Day: Raffi - Baby Beluga **
Activity: "List the smells in your neighborhood"
My neighborhood smells pretty ok most times but I live right by the water and at times it can smell like fish in the summer. Not cooked fish or dead fish… just live fish. Not sure if you know what I mean but say you go to the zoo or an aquarium and you look in one of the tanks. There is this smell that comes out of the tank. It’s quite gross if you ask me. Live fish smell NASTY. AND on top of that… the mosquito looking bugs that fly around everywhere. Then there are those days when it rains … it smells really bad outside in my whole neighborhood. I don’t know what that smell is but Iqbal is convinced that its worms. He always grosses me out when he says that it’s the dead worm smell. I refuse to believe that. Worms do not smell! A year ago when I had different neighbors, they had this huge dog that they didn’t clean up after (poor dog). His poop smelled up the world I think. It was really gross. And there are also times when my Tamil neighbor cooks and all you can smell is Indian food. But since most of my neighborhood is not brown … it doesn’t last very long. But for the most part my neighborhood smells like freshly mowed grass and ice cream trucks. I wish it smelled like ‘Dads Cookies’ but Scarborough Town Center is a little too far for the smell to carry out all the way to my house. I wish! Mmmmmm! Dads Cookies!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment