Have an account?

Friday, May 28, 2010

Skin and Liars

** Song of the Day:  Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzalas  **

Its a gorgeous day out today.  I would prefer to be outdoors all day but unfortunately have to be at work.  Wish I had my laptop with me so I could just go and sit outside on one of those picnic tables and work.  But unfortunately even if I did have my laptop it would be no use because the a/c adapter is messed up and my  laptop does not charge.  Oh well ... I had to pay 60$ to get another adapter yesterday.  Not sure how long its going to take for it to get to me but when I have it ... Oh man!  Freedom!  I hate wires and cables.  

So on to the actual content of the blog.... There is this book of 2 plays called Skin and Liars by Denis Foon.  First time I read these 2 plays was in grade 10 drama class and immediately fell in love.  The play Liars is one of those plays that you don't necessarily relate to but

it will always grab you by the heart.  Luckily it ended up in such a way that I had to perform the part of one of the lead roles in the play during drama class and absolutely loved it.  Its a really short play and I highly recommend it.  Every time I read this play, and believe me I have read it a million times, it makes me cry.  Wait now don't get turned off by the crying part.  Its not necessarily a depressing story ... Its just a serious topic.  Read it guys ... trust me ... its short but its very very good.  You definitely will not regret it.  The only person I know who has not read this play is Iqbal. I wanted him to read this play but he would just not read it so I had to read it out to him.  I had to trap him in a car and read it to him.  This was 3-4 years ago by the way.  Anyway but we ended up running out of time and had about 4 pages worth left.  And so I left the book with him and asked him to read them himself.  Of course ... he never did.  3 years later... I find the book tucked into a corner in his closet where he cant even reach.  Unfortunate!  But now that I have finally found it ... he WILL read it lol.  And so should you.  Borrow it from me if you need just as long as it is returned to me quickly and in the exact same condition it was given out to you.  And the people who know me know how serious I am about that lol.  But don't be scared ... come borrow it.  hehe

1 comments:

Unknown said...

hey i can so reach it