I feel like blogging today but I'm running a complete blank. I picked out my activity for today from the 100 Ideas cup. Read it and popped it back in the cup. This happened probably about 5 times before I gave up. The strange thing is ... I actually feel like doing something ... research, blogging, drawing something ... going outside! But I just don't want to do anything. I'm not even thinking about anything. I think I am just tired. Woke up this morning with a huge headache that I had when I fell asleep. Don't want to take Tylenol because its not that kind of a headache. Its from my jaw which is hurting because of my shoulder which is hurting because of my wrist. It always leads back to my wrist. Uncool. Ok so here is what I will do then ... I will pick an idea out of the cup right now. The first one in my hand will be the one I write about... right now. So here goes ................................................... *drop* ......................................... *drop* ................................ Ok! So heres one:
28 - Research a celebration or ritual from another culture - May 25, 2010
I had read somewhere about this old Chinese ritual that disturbed me a little bit called Foot Binding. When a girl turned 3 or 4 years old they would wash and massage her feet only to break the outer 3 toes and wrap her feet really really tightly so that her feet would stop growing and her toes were folded to fit into 3-4 inch shoes. They would do this for years and years till the feet stopped growing. This was clearly very painful process to put anyone though ... at any age. But they considered their feet to be pretty when they were like that and normal feet were considered ugly. If you ever feel like looking this up .... you will see how deformed these feet really are. I think I had also read somewhere that there was this queen who had a deformed foot a long time ago and she told the king to make it law for all women to do this to their feet so she would seem normal. But I can't be sure how true that is.
There are so many traditions and rituals that some women (and sometimes even men) choose to take part in and some are forced into that are based on peoples perception of beauty. Just because you are not born looking a certain way does not make you any less beautiful than the other people around you. In the past it was made law to look a certain way but that is not the case anymore ... or so we think. Just because we don't have to look a certain way by law doesn't mean we still aren't forced and brainwashed to think we have to. And who is responsible for this .... the media. And I think its stupid. You cant feed things like that into young children's minds before they get a chance to think about it on their own. Thats where all the problems come from. And the more people try to come up with different ways to fix this ... the more they fail because they have taken it way to far and now they cant turn back. Take modeling for example... no matter how many plus size models they come out with and no matter how many talk shows pick topics on this ... the less people care for it. It has been etched into our brains so much that it will now take forever to get it out and there is not much that can be done about it. And the only way to get over it is to get over yourselves. So stop it .. and open your eyes.
---------------------
I got a little carried away there. lol Sorry about that. Alright heres goes # 2 (need to pick one for yesterday and then today... sigh 2 more to go) ............................................... *drop* ................................... Aha! Ok heres another:
29 - Write a list of all the things you do to escape - May 26, 2010
- Read
- Draw
- Go for a walk
- Run
- Go to the lake behind my house
- Sit with Iqbal when he is not on his laptop or blackberry and do nothing.
- Turn the lights off in my room and look at the moon
- Lie down on my bed facing the ceiling without my phone or watch
---------------------
One more to go.
30 - Take 15 min to eat an orange - May 27, 2010
And I did. It was delicious. I put some salt on it too. Which made it better. Mmmmm!





0 comments:
Post a Comment