Have an account?

Monday, May 17, 2010

Places I Relate To and More

** Song of the Day:  Band aid Commercial**


I missed posting a few activities from the '100 Ideas' post because of the weekend so here they are:

17 – Combine 2 activities that have not been combined before – May 14, 2010
Me and my little brother do a lot of strange things.  Me, Iqbal (my husband), Haider (my brother) and a friend of ours were sitting around at Boston Pizza watching a Hockey game.  There was also a dart board area in that place which we were interested in.  Since Me and Haider are not really interested in hockey we decided to go down to the dart board and play.  But with our luck … there were no darts!  What kind of place has a dart board and no darts?  Seriously!  So we had to … as always … makeshift our dart game.  I will call it Finger Darts. And here is how you play: 




·         You stand far away but directly in front of the dart board
·         You aim and point your finger at the bulls eye
·         You close your eyes shut
·         No peeking
·         You walk or try to walk in a straight line till your finger hits the board.
·         You open your eyes and get the point for wherever your finger hits.

There you have it!  Finger Darts!

18 – Cut out all Media for one day – May 15, 2010
I decided to take this activity a slight step further.  Also a part of media I put all communication using technology … cell phones … chatting … all that good stuff.  However since I was at work I had to do all my daily work routines such as Email etc.  Aside from that I decided that anything that was non work related will not be used.  And I actually had a really good day.  I went downtown and met up with Iqbal (my husband). We hung out and did absolutely nothing.  We went to a restaurant called Origin which is actually really good.  I recommend it … however just take note that it is slightly pricey so be prepared; However still recommended.  I had no access to the TV or the Radio.  I didn’t have a laptop so I didn’t sit around on it.  I didn’t have TV so we didn’t curl up into a ball and sit there silently watching TV …. Wait… that never happens lol even if the TV is on I never stop talking.  Ok scratch that lol.  Anyway … point is … we had a great time.  Passed by the Edge studio and ended up catching a mini live newbie artist concert; which was not bad.  Oh and by the way  … On top of me cutting out all media … Iqbal’s phone was also dead which made it so much better =)  So we had a great day.  Cell phones, computers TV etc  as much as they are amazing communication tools, they make you take a few steps back when it comes to actually living your life.  It’s nice not having those things sometimes.  Conversation and direct communication with family, friends and even random people just makes your life so much easier and happier.  I think so anyway =).  And this coming from the biggest gadget freak … it’s gotta mean something right?

19 – Buy something inexpensive as a symbol for your need to create and use it every day – May 16, 2010
 There is a story behind this … And this is how it goes:
11 Years have passed yet I still remember this.  Me and Nadia (my cousin) were walking around the mall one day and had to walk into Grand and Toy to get some stuff for school.  This is when EVERYONE went to Grand and Toy to get stationary and Staples did not exist.  Wow that’s a long time ago lol.  Anyway so we walked around aimlessly in that store and I saw this really small and skinny silver mechanical pencil that I completely fell in love with and MADE Nadia buy it for me. 

So the next day I go to school with it and everyone is oooing and aahing at it.  I had it with me for about a couple months or so when this guy named Rahim (yes I remember his name) borrowed it to write something and completely ran off with it.  From that day forward he avoided me, ran away every time he saw me and made his own life extremely difficult since I was all over that school lol.  I never saw that beautiful pencil again. 
A couple weeks ago I was in Hallmark buying something for my Mom for mother’s day (which she loved!  Yay!) And right at the counter when I was about to pay I see a small super skinny pencil looking thing and got excited!!  I picked it up and the girl says to me “that’s a very cute pen” and my hears slightly sank once more.  It was not a pencil.  And the thought that I will never be able to get my beautiful pencil back slightly made me depressed but then I looked at the pen again and thought … hey … this is kinda cute too.  So I bought it.  And I do use it every single day.  It sits in my purse and every time I need it … It is there for me.  I also love this pen. 

Rahim … wherever you are… and you know who you are … If you ever come across this post Rahim …  I’m just letting you know … You still owe me my mini pencil.  You Jerk!

20 – Put postcards you respond to on the inside of your kitchen cupboards so you can see them every day – May 17, 2010
Instead of putting them on my cupboards, I decided that I will put these pictures up on my desktop and Mirror since those are the two places I actually DO see every single day.  I also thought that postcards will be slightly hard to find so regular pictures will do.  These are the pictures I have decided to put up and why:

Rome - Trevi Fountain
One of my most favorite places in the whole entire world.  I went to Rome when I was 9 years old with my parents and brothers and have not yet forgotten how amazing and beautiful that whole city was.  I remember everything from that trip ... and since then I have been dying to go back.  It is said that if you make a wish on a coin and toss it into the Trevi Fountain, it comes true. Well when I was there, we were all so stunned by how gorgeous this place really is that we forgot all about our wish.  Since then I promised myself that I will get back there and make that wish that I still remember I thought up before getting there.  Soon... =)


Tenerife - Sheraton La Caleta
Ever since I can remember I have always thought to myself that one day I will go down to the Canary Islands.  I had never told anyone about this.  It was my secret.  When I got married I had almost forgotten all about it and when Iqbal (my husband) told me we were going to Spain I got really excited and now totally forgot about my plan.  Then a couple weeks before we were supposed to leave for our honeymoon, Iqbal decided to also tell me that before going to Spain we were going to make a pit stop on this island called Tenerife which is one of the Canary Islands!  That was the moment I realized that me and Iqbal was seriously meant to be together.  I love you baby!  =)  You read my mind.  Literally!

Barcelona - Las Ramblas
After our amazing week in Tenerife we flew down to Barcelona and had the most amazing experiences there.  This place is gorgeous!  We spend alot of time at the Ramblas.  It was a huge part of Barcelona for us and will never forget it =)

Port Union Park - Home
Last but not least ... My home.  The most amazing back yard I have ever had in my life.  The water is gorgeous, the gazebo is pretty ... even the graffiti is pretty awesome.  I love it!  



And there you have it =)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

i cant wait for our 10 yr anniversary (inshaAllah) when we go back to spain/tenerife :)
-iqbal (your husband)