Have an account?

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Can't Stand It!

** Song of the Day:  Selena Gomez - Naturally **

I have realized why I dislike hockey so much.  Its not that I don't like the sport.  I actually have nothing against the sport.  I just have a serious problem with the fact that the people who watch hockey have absolutely no care for the rest of the world.  I have noticed this with everyone who watches hockey.  It all of a sudden becomes so important that nothing around them matters.  They cant possibly miss a goal or a min of it because if they do ... the ground will probably rip open and the whole world will get destroyed.  Maybe I am exaggerating slightly but in all seriousness ... when hockey fans sit down to watch hockey they drown out the rest of the world. Completely!  At a party ... these people will put on the game.  My question to these people is ... if you really just wanted to watch the game... why didn't you just stay home.  Was there any propose of you showing up to this party?  Because I haven't seen you and you came to hang out with me.  It is disrespectful!  They are also so engrossed in their game that it doesn't matter who it is thats calling them or how important the situation is... they will not move.  My parents have always taught us to weigh our priorities before
reacting or making any decision no matter how small or insignificant the situation may be.  And for the most part everyone has those same values.  Its common sense.  People understand that but its as if when they are watching hockey ... none of that applies.  Why??  I have no idea.  Don't get me wrong ... I think Hockey also instills a lot of positive values in people ... kids mostly but for me the Negative things that it does have makes it absolutely not worth it at all.  If an adult is calling a kid and this kid is sitting there watching hockey with another male adult ... this kid will not move.  And somehow the male role model who is watching hockey with this child also thinks its okay for this child to ignore his adults.  I cant stand that.  Its completely disrespectful and uncalled for.  

I also feel that hockey also has unnecessary fights that mean nothing.  Seriously ... if you want to fight ... go be a wrestler.  What is the purpose of having fist fights in the middle of a perfectly good game that has hundreds of people and children cheering this on.  My nephews play hockey and I have noticed that their whole aim during their game is to body check some other kid.  And they are proud of it.  What kind of values does this instill in these kids?  I don't like it.  Its great that these kids now sometimes have that 'stop' sign on the back of their jerseys ... but that doesn't stop them from thinking about beating some kid up just because they see it happen in actual hockey games.  Its unnecessary.  If you want to be an athlete ... be an athlete ... not an idiot.  Athletes are supposed to be focused ... not angry.  

Point being... I do not like hockey and for all those reasons I mentioned above ... I never ever will.

Anyway ... I did this yesterday but never ended up posting it since it is for today. So here you go:

016 - Draw Everything Red

Im doing pretty good with this 100 Ideas thing.  Its actually really fun =)

8 comments:

MOMIN said...

Aside from the hitting part if you take out the word "hockey" and put in the word "cricket" would you feel the same? Because thats how our family watches cricket too.

Unknown said...

ah, but you dont beat people up in cricket. i kinda agree with you there, Sarah!!!! but, my experience of ice hockey is limited to the mighty ducks!!!!!!! now HOCKEY, is a different story. lol

Sarah Q. said...

I don't necessarily watch any sports but am interested in many of them. And I respect them all. but I have just felt that the more I watch hockey and see people watch hockey ... the more I lose respect for the sport, the values of the sport and the way people behave when watching the sport. And thats one thing I cant get past.

MOMIN said...

First off - Mona, its just hockey, not ice hockey. HOCKEY. We dont need you to name a surface to know what you are reffering to.

Second - It sounds like your issue is more with the people who are watching rather than the game. And to be honest, thats the way fans are whether they are watching hockey or any other sport.

You love soccer, you dont think soccer fans are that way? Because guess what, they are worse. WAY WORSE!

asmi said...

wooow random. Okay...ready? lol

1. I agree with Momin in that you don't like the fans, more than the sport. Fans are like that in any game, and he's definitely right, being in Europe I can definitely vouch for soccer fans being slightly psychotic.

2. I agree with you about kids not listening to adults...But again, that's not hockey's fault, that's the parent's instilling proper behaviour to the kid.

3. I love hockey...it's a fast sport that keeps you on your feet, gets you excited, requires actual skill, and more fun to play and watch than any other sport!

4. Fans wise, you are definitely right with this story..."MAN KILLS WIFE OVER PENGUINS-SENATORS PLAYOFF GAME" what an eeeeediyot!!! now that's just taking it too damn far! Check it: http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/postedsports/archive/2010/04/23/police-say-man-killed-wife-over-dispute-about-penguins-triple-overtime-game.aspx

that's it. :)

Unknown said...

maybe if you became a fan of hockey and watched it with other fans then you wouldnt distract (with non life-threatening items) those trying to watch the game in peace.

note: fans dont mind if you bother them during the two intermissions.

Unknown said...

oh, nice drawing of the two long cylindrical things and the two round ball shaped things

Unknown said...

HOCKEY people, is feild Hockey. Pakistan's National Sport. :P:P:P and oh yeah, i havent watched that either, since we won the hockey world cup in 1992 :P hehhehee im not a sports watching person!!!!!!!! like FOOTBALL, is soccer. American Football, should be called HANDBALL. the only time u actua;lly use ur foot is to kick it off then its all hands!!!!!!!!!!